Before I jump into this I feel like I need to give a little background on this lovely little eyeshadow palette. I first purchased the Naked Smoky palette about 5 months ago at a sale price (and 5x the points at Ulta) with the intention of making this one of my weight loss goal prizes. Once I received the palette in the mail I handed it over to Dan knowing full well that if I had it in plain sight the temptation would be TOO great to use it. I told him to hide it on me and give it to me when I earned it. When I lost 25 pounds. For months this lonely little piece of makeup heaven sat stored away just waiting to be played with…that was until this week.
After my last post Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes I received so many messages or comments about how people loved seeing the progress and then I heard about so many struggles and wins that people had of their own! It was so inspiring to me that people read it and could either identify with it or told me that it helped motivate them, which is seriously the biggest compliment in my eyes. My two favorite fitness pages even shared my post! (FitShaped with Kelley and Fit Like Flint) It was amazing and makes me want to push harder and do my best!! One of the other biggest things happened after my husband came home from work the day I posted the blog. He knew that I was hesitant to share a picture of myself and share a piece of my journey openly. I had called him probably 3 times before I nervously posted it. Seeing his face when he got home after he saw it was priceless for me. He looked proud of me and actually told me that he was proud of me! After I shared with him a few of the responses that I got from others he smiled, got up off of the couch, and said, “Wait a minute here.” He came back with the Naked Smoky palette in his hands. “You deserve this,” he said while handing it to me.
Shocked, I didn’t know how to feel….I was happy and confused “But I didn’t lose 25 pounds yet…so I don’t know if I should take it.”
“You told me to give this to you when you earned it. I know you’ve earned it. You deserve it.”
Still smiling but hesitant I said, “I mean I obviously want it…but I still have 4 pounds to go…but…”
“Didn’t you say ‘screw the scale’ and that it didn’t matter in your post?”
“Yes. I do believe that.”
“Are you worried about those 4 pounds?”
“No. I know I’ll get there.”
“Exactly. You earned this. I want you to have it. You deserve it.”
And that, ladies and gentleman, is when I took the palette from him and danced around the living room. haha And then brought it the next day with me in my purse to show my mom and some of my friends. It’s my new baby and I love it!!
I mean firstly look at the packaging. It’s even smoky and so pretty!!!
Urban Decay’s Naked Smoky palette was made to give you all of the colors that you need for a perfect romantic smoky eye. Besides the packaging looking dang pretty I also love the brush that came with it and the fact that it has a secure magnetic closure at the front. Now let’s look at the inside:
It’s the right amount of neutrals, mattes, shimmery, and dark colors for you to make that in-depth smoky look, which is why I had to play around with mine!! I thought this would be perfect for a romantic Valentine’s Day look paired with a saucy red lip. Smoky eye and red lips? Can’t get any more sultry makeup than that, folks. Also I dislike when I look to a tutorial using a specific palette and they use a ton of other eyeshadows. I stuck to completely Naked Smoky here, because if you are like me and shelled out the money for this you wanna use just this and just this alone. Here’s the finished look that I also plan to wear on actual Valentine’s Day:
You probably can tell but I went crazy with the highlighter with this for more of a dewy look. Highlighter = Glowing skin!
HERE ARE THE STEPS TO ACHIEVE THIS LOOK:
- You guys know the drill. I almost always start my makeup looks the same way for optimal blendability: I apply Urban Decay’s Primer Potion to my eyelid and wait a minute before setting the primer with a matte eyeshadow. The shadow I used to set this was “Thirteen.” All over the eye.
- I then took “Combust” on a fluffy brush and did a windshield wiper motion in my crease and up, reserving the area right under the brow bone for a highlighter color “High.” I also took “High” and added it to the inner corner of my eye for definition.
- I then took my eye liner pencil and drew along my outter 3/4ts of my eye, reserving the inner corner without color. Sometimes smoky eyes get a little messy if you go too far up and out so it’s best to start small with the black and you can always slowly add to that.
- Along the eyeliner I took the dark color “Smolder” with a dome brush and slowly built up from the eyeliner, but still reserving the inner corner and barely going up to the crease line.
- To add some depth and definition to the eye I took the blackest color “Black Market” and just patted it onto the little outside corner of my eye.
- I then took the smallest hint of the deep brown color “Whiskey” and concentrated it along my lower crease.
- Take the bronzy color “Radar” and add a little of that just along your crease slightly above and blending out “Whiskey”.
- Then take the color “Dirtysweet” and blend out the top half of your last “Radar” color. It’s almost like if you were building a little rainbow of browns and bronze colors on your eye. You still want to see hints of the other color but they do overlap and give your eye the full look and smooth it out.
- I then cleaned up the colors and added the highlight color “High” again to my inner corner again.
- Take your liquid liner and go over the top lash line adding a small wing.
- I took a pencil liner to the lower lash and blended out the harsh line with a tad bit of “Smolder” along the lash line.
- Curl those lashes, add some mascara, and pop on lashes if you feel like it and boom! You are ready!! And may I also suggest adding a red lip. I used Urban Decay’s “F-bomb” red gloss but any red lip will do!! <3
Step by step:
PRODUCTS USED FOR EYE:
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion- Original
Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette: High, Dirtysweet, Thirteen, Combust, Whiskey, Smolder, Black Market, and Radar. Almost all of them.
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Pencil in “Zero”
Almay Liquid Liner in Black
Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 mascara
Ardell Eyelashes in Demi 120
Duo Dark-tone Eyelash Adhesive
OTHER PRODUCTS USED:
Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm in Medium
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15 in Light Neutral
IT Cosmetics “Bye Bye Under Eye” in Light
Almay Clear Complexion Concealer in Light
LORAC PRO Contour Palette
NYX Cream Blush in Glow
IT Cosmetics “Bye Bye Pores” Powder
IT Cosmetics Universal Brow Pencil
ColourPop Highlighter in “Smoke N Whistles”
Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color is “F-Bomb” <3
Hope you all have a wonderful Friday and if you like this look or want to request another let me know!!!!
P.s. Me when I got the palette: