Hello guys!! I am super excited for this blog post because I get to share my nerdy girly side while talking about one of the biggest movies to hit (at least in this household) theaters this Thursday in awhile!! Yes. That’s right. Star Wars. I’m sure even if you are not a fan you’ve seen countless movie ads, food, and toys galore at ANY store you enter! That is why when Dan announced several months ago that he would like a Star Wars party I was pretty dang happy about it. I found stuff for his party everywhere and it made things sooo much easier!! Here’s a few of the essential items that we had ready to go before the party started:
We got the Death Star Chip Bowl and Millennium Falcon serving tray at ThinkGeek.com which has become my new favorite shopping site for gifts for my husband. I have so many Geekpoints. haha
For the party we showed alllll of the Star Wars movies using Dan’s projector and so the party started at 10am and went until about 1:30am. It was a super long day but oh-so fun! I wish I would have taken more pictures that day but I was too busy enjoying myself and seeing the awesome people that made it out to help us celebrate!! I know I say this a lot, but Dan and I really have the best friends! They made that day amazing! Since the party started early we had to have our coffee complete with a little selection of Star Wars Creamers:
Dan was beyond excited for that day as we slowly gathered fun things for the party. He even started growing out his beard in the month leading up to the party. This was serious for him, guys. haha But I have to say the final effect was great! This is my favorite picture of Dan holding holding the cutest little Ewok!!!!!!
Most of the things that we got for the party we bought, like i said, on ThinkGeek, Amazon, or Meijer but there were a few little things that we had ideas for to kick the party up to an adult party later on that added to the fun! Firstly, Dan made a Star Wars beer pong table using a white tablecloth that he taped down and some Star Wars wall decals that he found at the store. One side had red cups and Darth Vader as the dark side and the other had Yoda and blue cups as the light side. It was a hit!! We played this the good later part of the night!!
And secondly I thought it would be fun to change up my Jello shot making skills and make “Jello Shot Lightsabers” by putting red and green jello shots into a jello shot syringes which I found on Amazon here. For the red jello I used my “Best Jello Shot Ever” recipe from my blog post here: The Best Jello Shots Ever. These were fun and not complete without a lightsaber battle sound before consumption:
Needless to say we had a SUPER fun time and are so thankful to those friends that showed up and enjoyed our day with us!!
And NOW we have the movie to look forward to this week! Me and Dan definitely have tickets to see the movie opening night. Anyone else excited for that? #notashamed
In addition to all things Star Wars Covergirl has recently come out with a small Star Wars Makeup line that I found super enticing! Covergirl is very reasonably priced and I found myself only picking up a few things just for the the namesake.
From the lipstick line I got two of the colors out of the six that I thought were fun. The first one (called Gold 40) is a C3PO gold lipstick that it pretty sheer and something that I’ve been using on top of other lipsticks for a gold gleam. Super fun and something different!! And the second one (Dark Purple 50) is a deep burgundy purple that is more for a bold lipstick look!
Lastly, I picked up one of the several options of mascara that they had and you bet that I used that mascara the day of the Star Wars party!! For the mascara you can choose from either the Dark Side, which is normal mascara or the Light Side, which is waterproof mascara. I chose the later because I liked the quote that was on mine, “You’re my only hope.” It was just a small thing but it was a fun little touch!! I also used this mascara for my makeup look down below!
For this makeup look I thought I’d keep it simple and more of a wearable Darth Vader makeup look. This is what I wore to the party with a Darth Vader dress and I also plan to wear it to the premiere of the movie! For this look I just chose the colors that make me think of Darth Vader most which are red, black, and silver. It’s really a look that I hope others might pick up to wear to their viewing also!!
HERE ARE THE STEPS TO ACHIEVE THIS LOOK:
- You guys know the drill. I almost always start my makeup looks the same way for optimal blendability: I apply Urban Decay’s Primer Potion to my eyelid and wait a minute before setting the primer with skin/cream colored eyeshadow. The nude eyeshadow that I apply after really helps to lock down the primer and makes it way easier to blend your makeup down the line. For this look I lightly dabbed my brush in the color Foxy and blended it out to set it, staying away from right under the brow bone. That was reserved for my highlighter which I apply under the brow bone and in the inner corner of my eye.
- Blend out a light peachy color as your transition shade on the crease of your eyelid.
- Here I took a powder red color and blended along the crease line as well to make the look appear softer before we apply the cream dark red.
- Take a shimmery silver color and apply it to the inner 3/4ths of your eyelid.
- On the outer V of your eyelid apply a dark black and blend lightly inward.
- Here is where I took my ColourPop color in “Erotic”, which is a bright red, and applied it more concentrated along my crease and along my lower lash line. Blend out any harsh edges with your red powder eyeshadow.
- Line the lower lash line with a black eyeliner and then take your silver crystal liner and apply it to the inner bottom lash line for a serious pop of color!
- Finish by lining the top lid with a liquid liner and brush a few coats of mascara on (here I used Covergirl’s Star Wars Light Side mascara) and you are finished and all ready for the movie!!
PRODUCTS USED FOR EYE:
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion- Original
Urban Decay Naked 2 palette: I used the colors Foxy, Verve, Bootycall, and Blackout
NYX Cosmetics Hot Single Eyeshadow in: Wild Orchid
ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in Erotic
Anastasia Beverly Hills Shadow Couture World Traveler Palette with the colors: Soft Peach
ColourPop Highlighter in “Smoke N Whistles”
Almay Liquid Liner in Black
Too Faced Bulletproof 24-hour Shadow liner in Blackout
NYX Crystal Liquid Liner in Gun Metal
Covergirl’s STAR WARS Limited Edition Super Sizer Light Side Waterproof mascara
OTHER PRODUCTS USED:
Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm in Medium
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15 in Light Neutral
IT Cosmetics “Bye Bye Under Eye” in Light
Almay Clear Complexion Concealer in Light
LORAC PRO Contour Palette
NYX Cream Blush in Glow
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Brunette
IT Cosmetics “Bye Bye Pores” Powder
Too Faced Lip Injection Color Bomb in Never Enough Nude
NYX Wicked Lippie in Stone Cold
Hope you enjoy!! And may the force be with you.