Have you ever had a food that you could eat almost everyday for weeks on end and loved it on the fortieth day as much as you did the first? That was these babies for me. Especially when I went hardcore with my workouts and strived for the extra protein. Not only is this a SUPER easy breakfast food but it’s also delicious and healthy!! Another bonus of this breakfast is that it keeps you feeling full until your next meal, unlike some other breakfast staples. While I realize that this recipe has been done before I thought I’d write about my personal favorite tastes and the benefits of this sweet dish. So, let’s get to this 4-ingredient recipe and I’ll post tweaks and thoughts below:
Easy Blueberry Banana Protein Pancakes:
Time to make: ~12 minutes
- 1 medium/large banana
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (The Vega one I used is equivalent to 22g or 3 level Tablespoons of mix)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of blueberries
1. Peel and mash the banana in a small bowl with a fork.
2. Add the egg to the mixture and continue to beat with a fork until the mixture looks smooth noting that a few chunks of banana are expected, it doesn’t need to be perfect! =)
3. Pour in the scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder and keep on mixing.
4. Slowly add the blueberries and stir lightly.
5. On a non-stick skillet on medium/low heat spoon out the mixture into two pancakes. Cook the first side for about 8 minutes and flip and cook other side for about 3. Note: Cooking times may vary.
6. Optional: Add your favorite topping and enjoy! I used a small squirt of whipped topping and the husband normally adds a little maple syrup…but I think the sweetness of the banana and protein powder are enough. Ta-daaaa!
THIS RECIPE WAS DAN-TESTED AND APPROVED:
- The calorie count for this recipe is around 284 calories total. (with the Vega protein powder)
- A nice ripe banana works best for this.
- I use and love the Vega Protein Smoothie in Vanilla. My package says “Vanilla Almondilla” but the “Viva Vanilla” is what it is called now. You can find this on Amazon or here. The benefits of this protein powder, in addition the AMAZING taste, is its lower calorie count (~90/scoop), it’s a plant-based protein, and it packs in TWO servings of veggies in one scoop!
- Vega Protein Smoothie also is free from dairy, gluten and soy, and contains no added sugar, artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners so it’s good for a variety of diets.
- If you have another favorite protein powder that you love, don’t be scared to try that out as well! This is just my favorite but it works for a variety of kinds =)
- I used frozen blueberries because they tend to mush up less when I cook them, but again, that’s personal preference!
- Don’t be discouraged if you flip it and it starts to fall apart, that even happens to me on occasion.
*This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.*
Comment down below if you try this or you’d like to see another of these!! I also have Berry mix and a Chocolate mix and some ideas for different flavor pairings! ♥
8 thoughts on “*EASY* Blueberry Banana Protein Pancakes”
Yum! This looks so good!! That protein powder sounds amazing too! I’ve been looking for a new one! I’ll be sure to check all of this out, although I might use strawberries because I don’t like blueberries. Lo
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hahaha Yess!! I think it’s amazing and I’m sure you’d like it too!! And strawberries would totally work with this also speaking from experience! =) The Chocolate one of theirs is really good too…Seriously I just add the chocolate one on top of a bowl of fruit (like strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc.) and it tastes kind of like a brownie batter…but it’s good for you! lol
Yum! This sounds delicious!! I’ve also been looking for a new protein powder, so I might check that out. Whey stuff makes me sick! I can’t wait to try the pancakes, although I’ll probably use strawberries instead of blueberries!
And now I have 2 separate comments. Hahaha stupid Internet.
Haha Both valuable. Love!
I love protein pancakes (and waffles)!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I thought you love those Kelley!! I saw that they even have the Vega stuff I like on the website that you like bodybuilding.com which made me happy!! =) P.s. Need to ask you about the strawberry margarita stuff I saw you post…