It’s no secret that I’m super in love with the brand ColourPop and as promised I have another tutorial using some of the colors that I swatched in my ColourPop Swatch with Kellie Pink Eyeshadow Look! In this makeup look I used the “Coconut ” and “Dare” eyeshadow which I describe in the aforementioned post. You don’t necessarily need this brand to try out this look so feel free to mix some of your own colors at home that are similar! I wore this makeup look out to dinner with Dan the other day and my waitress told me how much she loved my makeup and wished she was talented in that area also! That realllyyyy made my day and was such a big compliment to me! <3 Okay, let’s jump right in and chat afterwards, sound good? Good.
Here are the steps to achieve this look:
- I ALMOST always start my makeup looks the same way for optimal blendability: I apply Urban Decay’s Primer Potion to my eyelid and wait a minute before setting the primer with a cream-colored (Foxy) eyeshadow. Applying the primer helps to keep your eyeshadow from creasing or moving at all during the day so I really like it! The nude eyeshadow that I apply after really helps to lock down the primer and makes it way easier to blend your makeup down the line.
- Then use a taupe colored eyeshadow (Tease) to blend along the crease and halfway above with a fluffy brush as a transition shade. Add your highlight color (SmokeNWhistles) onto the inner corner of your eye and just below the brow bone to give the eyes some depth.
- Apply a shimmery brown eyeshadow (Snakebite) also along your crease for a dark brown shade and then accentuate the brown using a thin brush and a very dark brown color (Busted) along the crease line. Lightly blend but maintain the same area.
- Using your finger apply the “Coconut” or teal color all over your lid, careful not to smudge. Beautiful! With a brush clean up any harsh lines using the shimmery brown at the crease.
- Add your black liquid liner to the upper lash line and create a bit of a wing at the end.
- For your lower lash line: Dip a small angled brush into the pretty purple color “Dare” and line lower lash line carefully. Add a black liner along the water line if you’d like, but that is not necessary.
- Finish the look with a coat of mascara and fake lashes if you feel like it and BOOM! Done!
(For some reason this makeup look kind of reminds me of Ursula from “The Little Mermaid.” Not her makeup really, but the teal and purple, or maybe Ariel with the purple shells and greenish tail. haha Either way that was my favorite movie growing up so that’s most likely why I love this look!)
PRODUCTS USED (IN ORDER):
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion- Original
Urban Decay Naked 2 palette: I used the colors Foxy, Tease, Snakebite, and Busted
ColourPop Super Shocked Pressed Pigment in “Coconut” and “Dare”
ColourPop Highlighter in “Smoke N Whistles”
Almay Liquid Liner in Black
IT Cosmetics No-Tug Waterproof Gel Eyeliner
IT Cosmetics Hello Lashes Extensions mascara
Ardell Eyelashes in Demi 120
Duo Dark-tone Eyelash Adhesive
OTHER PRODUCTS USED:
IT Cosmetics Brow Power in Universal
Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15 in Light Neutral
IT Cosmetics “Bye Bye Under Eye” in Neutral Medium
Almay Clear Complexion Concealer in Light
LORAC PRO Contour Palette
IT Cosmetics “Bye Bye Pores” Powder
Too Faced Lip Injection Color Bomb in “Never Enough Nude”
Life has been a little chaotic lately as me and Dan have been on the go a lot, but it’s all great things! I recently got a part-time job working at my former place of employment and I couldn’t be happier about it!! I really missed the coworkers that I now get to see wayyy more often and getting out of the house a bit has done wonders for my state of happiness ♥ I feel appreciated and loved there and that’s more than I could ask for! We also have a little trip planned soon and ALSO started making plans for our 1 year wedding anniversary…CRAZY to think that it has almost been a year since I was married!! Happy day!! This also shows how amazing my job has been for me: When I was talking to the awesome girl (Hayley) that makes my schedule she was like, “Isn’t your one year wedding anniversary coming up soon?”
Me: Yeah, next month!
She grabs her scheduling notebook and opens it up: When?
Me: Oh no! That’s totally okay! I can work that day and me and Dan will just work around it!
She: …So when is it?
Me: Not telling.
She: Let’s just pull up Facebook here…AH! It says, ‘Best Day of my life…September 12th!”
She then proceeded to write down “ANNA OFF” on my anniversary date. Seriously, how sweet is that?? I’ve been telling everyone because it’s stuff like that just amazes me and keeps me smiling.!!
On the makeup front I have to talk about my favorite latest purchase, which is also ColourPop’s newest addition: Ultra Matte Lipsticks. They are a liquid lipstick that dries completely matte. At $6 a pop I bought 3 colors and I am in LOVE with all of them!! Here they are in order: Creeper, Solow, and Trap. That majestic eyeshadow color is called “Nillionare” and I also am deeply enamoured by it.
Those that know me with lip products know that I’m usually CONSTANTLY re-applying my lipsticks throughout the day…well not anymore! This doesn’t clump up weird on me and goes on so lightweight I barely notice it! AND it literally lasts HOURS without having to reapply. Here’s a swatch I did:
I probably wear the Solow color, which is like a dusty rose, the most out of all of them for an everyday look, but I love them all equally. OH! The other day I posted this picture on Instagram of me wearing the color “Creeper” and I almost died from excitement when the brand ColourPop liked my picture!! haha One small step, I know, but I was smiling all day over it.
If you’d like to see how to do this makeup look let me know!! Otherwise I hoped you enjoyed the Coconut and Dare Eyeshadow Look with a little update on life!! Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend everyone!!