I’ll be the first one to admit that even though I consider myself a lover of makeup I find it SO hard to commit to a lipstick as much as I should. I really don’t like worrying if my lipstick rubbed off, left a ring, or is starting to make me look like I should join the circus. That is until I tried ColourPop’s Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks. These little babies are only $6 a pop and will stay on throughout any of life’s challenges that you will face throughout the day. I feel as though I should start off by saying that I am not sponsored in any way to talk about these (even though I’d love it) but have to share good buys and finds with those who are looking!! One of the reasons that I share about ColourPop more frequently than other brands is because they are only sold online and I know that if anyone out there is like I am, you want to do a little research before you buy it since you cannot try it out in person or at the store. If you are looking for additional swatches please feel to check out my other two blog posts on them here: Dare & Coconut Eye Look with Swatches and ColourPop Swatches with Kellie Pink Look. So here we go!!! I bring you my favorite ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip Colors!!
First off….Can we just talk about how cute their packaging is again?? Ugh. I LOVE the little notes that they leave for you….I mean, who wouldn’t like coming home to this?!
The reason I love these above any other lipstick I’ve tried before is because of its staying power. I literally can put this on once and it will last HOURS!! It lasts through kissing, laughing, crying, and partying. Yep. I’ve tested all of that. For you. haha No, but I had a HARD time washing off the arm I did the swatches on because even with water and rubbing it still doesn’t budge. You have to take makeup remover to this baby.
A caveat: This liquid lipstick is not made to be glossy or wet looking and some complain that it feels drying on the lips. I have found that if you simply exfoliate your lips and apply a smooth balm (not a gloss) before applying these you get the BEST application. It’s actually almost necessary if you want it last all day. ALSO you do not want a ton of product on your applicator when you go in to put it on your lips. I usually wipe a little off and do the bottom of my lip and then go in for the top after wiping it off a bit. Also make sure to give yourself a few minutes before you purse your lips together to give it enough time to dry.
Here are the swatches of my faves!
1. Trap – This is a pretty grey color with beige undertones. It looks darker than I expected when applied and you definitely have to have certain colors of makeup on to pull this one off, but it’s unique and a fun one!
2. Midi – This is my FAVORITE of all of them for many reasons. It’s the PERFECT nude lip color that pairs nicely with a smokey eye. Midi is a very soft neutral beige and it’s my most used out of all of these. In love with this one. This is the color as used on me:
3. Solow – This color they describe as a nude pink but it comes off a little more rose colored than a basic nude, but the color payoff is great and it is toned down which I love. This is another one that pairs well with tons of other colors and is more frequently wearable.
4. Creeper – This is the first Ultra Matte that I purchased and has to be my second favorite of the colors. It’s the perfect true blue classic red lip color and I’ve gotten complimented the most wearing this color as it is a gorgeous tone. There is nothing better than putting on a fierce red lip and not needing to touch it up at all. Ahhh. Here’s my “real life” wear picture:
5. Zipper – This is definitely not your everyday makeup color but it sure is a playful one!! Zipper is a deep almost blackish purple and a hard color not to notice…but I just still love it!! AND when you kiss your significant other there is no chance of it rubbing off on them. WIN-WIN. I even have worn this on a date night or two:
And here are all of the colors again in their full glory:
Ahh. This just makes me happy <3
Let me know if you have any favorite colors or things you are loving right now and please comment!
If you like this blog post make sure to stay tuned for a little ColourPop Giveaway I have in store in the next few weeks and make sure to subscribe and like my Facebook and Instagram page so you don’t miss it!!! Happy Friday peeps!!! <3