I had to start the blog post off with some pictures of my new Urban Decay Full Spectrum Eyeshadow Palette because I’m a little excited about it. It’s just so dang purtyyyy! I saved up some Ulta points from last year, waited until this was on sale, and then snatched it for myself!! Are you ready for a look inside?? BAM!
This palette has every color of the rainbow, which is why I had to get it. Now I can do any eyeshadow look that my little heart desires!! Despite seeming like they are super bright, these colors are actually pretty toned down on the lid, which makes them more wearable. They are super blendable and also good for layering if you do want a stronger pop of color. The few times I played with it I almost didn’t know what to do because there were so many fun colors and so many options! So far I’m really liking it and the versatility.
The purple smoky eye look that I will be posting about today was inspired by the lovely Fitshaped with Kelley! I thought this look would be saucy, but also not too wild…not to mention it would look bomb.com with her pretty eyes and eye color! After thinking about it awhile, I also realized that my favorite person to watch during my Jillian workouts has a similar version of this on her eyes during the workout and perhaps subconsciously envisioned this as a great athlete look and color. haha The glorious purple smoky eye. Love. Also, if you guys haven’t seen my post about the Arnold Classic last year, I was the luckiest lady alive and got to do makeup for two of the women that I look up to most, Kelley and Laura! I did a purple type eye on Kelley before and she rocked it!:
That was one of the best weekends ever! I learned a lot and met so many inspiring women! It’s because of them and the group that I’m in, especially this Swole Sisters Challenge, that I’m back on track and doing better than ever. Mentally and physically. I have been strong at it for officially over a month now and have already started seeing some positive changes, which is motivation in itself!! I’ve hit 6 days a week of workouts and nutrition has been very good most days, but not limiting. I’ve seen progress and still had pizza in my diet, so life is pretty good right now. 😉
I’ve also had some pretty good sweat sessions and coffee/pre-workout time with friends this week, which was so needed, and makes the time so much more entertaining! Anyone want a workout date? I’m down.
When I first started lifting weights at all I was using 3-5lb dumbbells, because I just thought that’s what I had to do. And let me say, when you start off there is nothing wrong with starting there. But for me, things have changed since then, and now my desire to be increasingly “fit” and “healthy,” has me wanting to grow physically and as a person. Even though I’m newer to it all (at least, I feel like a newb haha) I officially lifted a weight today that finally made me feel proud and strong. I know that with time I can do more, and this may seem very light to some, but today I did my favorite move (which is a deadlift) using my barbell at 60lbs of weight for 3 sets of 12!!! The first set wasn’t so bad, but by the second and third I felt it even in my forearms. And this week I could actually curl a 20lb weight! It wasn’t very many reps, but before I couldn’t even do one. This coming from a girl who had trouble at one time with 5lb. weights! That kind of growth excites me and I’m happy to see where I’ll be even a month from now. I’m excited to work my way up a little and keep moving forward with my progress! I hope you can feel the excitement too!! If I can make that much progress in such a short time, I know you can do it too!! <3
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, anyone looking to get out of their comfort zone and become healthier, please feel free to reach out to me. If I don’t know the answer for help, I’m sure I would know someone that does because of the amazing support system that Fit Like Flint has created for me and others. We are all in this together and should all be lifting those up who need it!! <3
Okay, with the mini update on my life all said and done, I bring to you…The Purple Smoky Eye.
Step by Step:
Here’s a breakdown of the exact colors, and order that I used them in, for this tutorial. A handy reference:
Before I even start I set my eyes with a primer. I then take a fluffy brush and blend out a cream-colored tone over top of it, as to set the primer and make things easier to blend down the line.
1. I started off by taking the white color (Bump) and popped it into the inner corner of my eye and right underneath my brow bone using a fluffy brush. It’s subtle, but a good way to bring some dimension to your eye right off the bat.
2. I then took a fluffy brush and dipped it very lightly into a light violet purple (Faded.) I put that above my crease using windshield wiping motions and little circles back and forth. I then took more of the white on the fluffy brush and diffused the top out a little so there weren’t harsh lines. This sets up the next color nicely.
3. Next, I took a true purple (Sketch) and put that along the crease again, but concentrated it slightly lower than the light purple. To do this I didn’t use as big of blending motions.
4. I then took a silver color (Iced) on a small shader brush and put it allll over the lid. This one was really light, but we will add more, later on, to clean up the look.
5. I took the darkest purple color (Delirious) on a pencil brush and made almost a little blended out triangle of color on the outer corner of my eyes. I also took that color and very lightly dragged it in my crease line for more definition.
6. I then blended again, as needed, to make sure the lines weren’t too sharp. Light colors almost work like little erasers if things get too crazy! Remember that you can always add more, so it’s better to start off with less and work your way up!
7. Then I took my small shader brush, got it a little wet, and then dipped into that silver color (Iced) and put that on my eyelid again, mainly in the center. It makes it pop and the color stand out more!
8. I applied a liquid liner to my top lid (or you can smoke/smudge out a black pencil liner if you feel more comfortable for this look) and created a very small wing in the outer corner.
9. On the lower lash line: I added the dark purple along the outer half of the bottom lid with a small angled brush. I then took a purple eyeliner pencil and popped that into my waterline. I cleaned up underneath that with the medium purple and a small brush to faze it a little bit. You can also use black for that if you want too!! It’s a smoky purple look!!!
Finish the look with some mascara or some falsies if you so wish and taaadaaaa!! You’ve got it! 🙂
PRODUCTS USED FOR EYE:
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion- Anti-Aging
Urban Decay Full Spectrum Palette colors in Bump, Iced, Faded, Sketch, and Delirious
Almay Liquid Liner in Black
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in “Voodoo”
Benefit “They’re Real” Mascara
Ardell Eyelashes Wispies
Duo Dark-tone Eyelash Adhesive
OTHER PRODUCTS USED:
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15 in Light Neutral
IT Cosmetics “Bye Bye Under Eye” in Neutral Medium
Almay Clear Complexion Concealer in Light
IT Cosmetics Brow Power in Universal
Urban Decay Afterglow 8-hour Powder Blush in “Obsessed”
Urban Decay Afterglow 8-hour Highlight in “Sin”
LORAC PRO Contour Palette
IT Cosmetics “Bye Bye Pores” Powder
The finished look!!! I apologize for the poor lighting, I currently use my phone as my camera (maybe one day I’ll get a really nice one!) and sometimes the pictures aren’t lit the best. I just recently purchased one of those ring lights that clip to the top of your phone in hopes that my future tutorials will look even better!!! Can’t wait to try that in the next one!
I hope everyone is having a great week and feel free to comment with suggestions of things you’d like to see next!! Also please subscribe if you so wish and if you’d like to see more of me weekly, follow my Instagram: AlmostHerBlog And, as always, thanks for taking some time out of your day to read this. I greatly appreciate you!!!! <3