Is there anything so refreshing as drinking a crisp berry sangria on one of those first humid summer days? I think not. When I picture sipping on this delicious treat I cannot help but to feel relaxed and joyful as my mind wanders to the happy future the warm weather will bring. I made this recipe for our party we had during our first actual sunny day here, and it was a hit! I had been looking for a way to incorporate my new and amazing-smelling Green Bay Grape Vodka that I received as a birthday gift, and I found it! This recipe is super easy and takes little time to prepare, but has a great payoff! So without further adieu, our Summer Berry Sangria.
Summer Berry Sangria
Time to Make: ~5 minutes
- 1 bottle of cabernet sauvignon (750ml)
- 3 cups ginger ale
- ¼ cup grape vodka
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- ½ cup raspberries
2. Let sit overnight in refrigerator for best results. (Or 2-3 hours so that the flavor has some time to develop.)
3. Add the ginger ale just before serving for sweetness and fresh fizzy bubbles! And that’s all folks!
* Green Bay Vodka Website: http://www.greenbaydistillery.com/ is what I used and now highly recommend, but any grape vodka will do!
* This recipe can be easily doubled for larger servings.
* Some recipes add extra sugar for sweetness, which I only use ginger ale for. If you want to add sugar, feel free to!! The beauty of a sangria is that you can have that freedom to play around with it and adjust it to your tastebuds. =)